Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shanghai: Week 4 - Element Fresh

Rose, Lydia, Rochelle, and I decided to try this place Michael Lin's been raving about ever since I got to Shanghai, called Element Fresh. It's a chic restaurant that mainly serves salads, sandwiches, and different entrees, and it is frequented by many foreigners. The place has better service than most restaurants probably cause so many foreigners go.


Lydia's Grilled Shrimp Sandwich. Very light and refreshing.


I ordered the Blackened Tilapia Sandwich. I was craving white fish so I ordered it and it turned out to be one of the best fish sandwich I've had in a looong time. I just wished the onions were grilled... I still can't stand raw onions haha.


Chris's Lamb Steak Wrap with Yogurt Sauce, which is esentially a gyro haha.


Rose's Mango BBQ Chicken Sandwich. The manga bbq sauce was interesting, since it was really light. Rose and I both wished it the sauce was more intense but it was good haha. A little small :P


Rochelle's Carne Asada Salad. Seasoned steak strips with a southwestern-styled salad.


And this is Rochelle's SECOND entree, which was a simple pasta dish with tomatoes, onions, and capers.


So we all decided to order a drink, and Rochelle started off with a mojito, that I think was made with black rum instead of the usual. A lot stronger than all of us expected haha.


I ordered a mocha haha. I couldn't resist when I saw coffee... even though it was 28rmb... a bit pricey haha. I started playing with the foam and made a leaf :]


Some sort of mango alcoholic drink. Wasn't very strong.


Lydia's Strawberry Margarita. Came in a tall glass instead of the usual margarita glasses, but not bad haha. Weak also.

Element Fresh was a welcoming change when all our food intake are usually rice, noodles, or some sort of bao haha. Yay for American food :P

0 comments: