Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NYNY 2009: Sake Bar Hagi

After walking around Times Square and doing touristy spot, we started to get hungry so decided to look for a late night dining option and found out that Hagi is only a few minutes away. We had to wait about 30-40 minutes around 10pm. When we were finally seated... let's just say we ordered A LOT of food haha.


Sake Bar Hagi
152 W 49th St
(between 7th Ave & Avenue Of The Americas)
New York, NY 10019



door entrance
Super hard to find cause it's just a door and you gotta head downstairs from the street.

combo
Of course, going to an izakaya, you gotta order beer and sake!!

uni
First thing that arrived, uni! Not my favorite thing but Mikol and Connie devoured them haha

soft shell crab
Fried Soft Shell Crab. It was probably my favorite dish the whole night.

croquette
Potato Croquette! Flatter than the ones I usually see but good!

ika
Grilled Ika. I always find squid a little bland haha.

okonomiyaki
Okonomiyaki. I love their sauce. A little sweeter than usual.

kimchi pork
Stiry-Fry Kimchi with Pork.

yakitori
An assortment of yakitori.

karage
Karage. Extremely crunchy. It was lightly battered too! Delicious.

sake
We killed the first bottle pretty fast so ordered another one.

gyoza
Gyoza. We actually ordered two of them. That was how much we loved them haha.

bacon asparagus
Aaaand the last thing we ordered, Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus! Asparagus's not my favorite either but with bacon, it's all good!

After eating 11 items, drinking a pitcher of sake, and finished 2 bottle of sake, it was a damn satisfying meal haha. There's actually more on the menu that I wanted to try but I guess I gotta wait till next time. It's officially one of my favorite spot in NY :]

0 comments: