Sunday, February 7, 2010

NYNY 2009: Penelope

Back in December of 2009, Diana, Connie, Mikol, and I took a trip to New York just for a few days and we did a good amount of eating haha. When we were there it actually snowed and it was the first snowfall of the season so that was pretty special. The weather definitely added to the whole east coast vibe haha. Here's just a little glimpse!


Penelope
159 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10079


So right when we got to NY, it was around 6am since we took the red-eye flight from LA to NY. Right after we checked out luggage at the hotel's bell desk, we yelped a few spots, looking for breakfasts and decided on Penelope's in Murray Hill. It was pretty close to where we were staying (Ktown), and it seemed like a good spot with all the good reviews.

penelope
A shot of the restaurant.

bblt
I was craving bacon so i got the BBLT, double bacon, lettuce, tomato with black pepper balsamic mayo on sourdough and served with homemade french fries. It's bacon. Damn delicious bacon. Oh and their fries: awesomness. It's fried the way I like it and the parsley on it doesn't hurt haha.

scramble
Connie's Sam I Am, two farm fresh eggs scrambled with grilled asparagus and crumbled feta cheese and served with toast and homemade french fries. I loved how the saltiness of feta cheese works so well in this dish. Usually I'm not a big fan of scrambled eggs but I think I'm gonna add feta cheese whenever I can now hahah.

egg sandwich
Mikol's Abuelo's Egg Sandwich, eggs with swiss cheese, grilled ham, and balsamic-mayo with black pepper on somun bread. The ham was amazing. I don't know if it came like that or what they did to it but damn it was good haha.

salmon
Diana's Salmon Wrapped Poached Eggs, two farm fresh eggs wrapped in smoked salmon on black toast with green "goddess" dressing with greens. I really liked the way the wrapped the salmon around the eggs. I would probably fail intensely at it haha.

juice
Mikol's juice... I think.  Or was that mimosa? :P

Pretty good way to start off the day and our trip in NY!


0 comments: