Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Torrance: King's Hawaiian

CAKES BREAD PASTRIES MUFFINS DONUTS COOKIES

Am I missing anything else from the bakery?

Most of the people know King's Hawaiian as the company that bakes those delicious sweet rolls that is being sold at markets and Costco. King's Hawaiian is definitely one of those spots that everybody knows about in the South Bay, for their paradise cakes, baked goods, and just plain good Hawaiian food paired with great service.

So after coming here almost at least once a month a few years back, finally went on a Friday night around... 8 just to see if it's still as awesome as I remembered. I still had to wait about 30 minutes. Just too popular, but it was well worth it.


King's Hawaiian
2808 Sepulveda Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90505

king's hawaiian
A shot of the bakery side.

king's hawaiian
Donuts, muffins, and puffs :]

king's hawaiian
Assortment of muffins.

king's hawaiian
Different kind of cookies.

king's hawaiian
The infamous Hawaiian Sweet Bread Roll!

king's hawaiian
Geez... the Apple Coffee Cake looked so good... but when I saw the ingredients.. whooo hella fatty hahah

king's hawaiian
Finally got seated for dinner and complimentary Hawaiian Sweet Rolls! Must've ate like a whole basket by myself :P

king's hawaiian
Paradise tea. Pretty much just tropical tea that's hella sweetened, but it's the only place I'll get my iced tea sweetened!

king's hawaiian
The roll.

king's hawaiian
My combo plate: teriyaki beef, kalua pork, & grilled marinated chicken with salmon poke and macaroni salad. They have one of the best teriyaki sauce ever!

king's hawaiian
Diana's combo: kalua pork & grilled mahi with macaroni salad. Some people might think kalua pork in general is too salty, but it's suppose to be like that if it's prepared correctly!

king's hawaiian
Usually not a big fan of macaroni salad, especially L&L's but I can make an exception for King's haha.

king's hawaiian
The extremely salty salmon poke.

After haven't been here for so many years, nothing has changed, and that's definitely welcomed. I gotta find a chance to come back and try their brunch. I can't believe I lived here for so long and never had it haha.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow i had no idea they served meat!! now i gotta try it... my sister always requests their 3-color cake, but i've never actually been to the store.