Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Seattle: Where's the Milk Tea at?

While in Seattle, I started craving milk tea on our last day there so it was good that Chinatown Seattle was in our itinerary as I got to try out two of the spots. I didn't do any research beforehand and when I got to Chinatown, I went straight to the first store that had a sign for boba or milk tea.


Chinatown Seattle
Of course, the gate is a must for any Chinatown.


A Piece of Cake Bakery
514 S King St (between S 5th Ave & S 6th Ave)
Seattle, WA 98104

A Piece of Cake Bakery
First shop that I saw with milk tea? A Piece of Cake Bakery.

A Piece of Cake Bakery
Typical Chinese bakery, with buns, bread, and cakes.

A Piece of Cake Bakery
Opted for the coffee milk tea. I tried to get it half sugar but the lady said the sugar was already mixed in... which meant it wasn't gonna be freshly made, except for the coffee part, which meant it wasn't gonna be any good... and I was right. Boo.


After walking around a bit more, saw plenty more more cafes and tea spots which totally made me regret jumping at the first spot but finally decided to try another from Oasis, a cafe that has a similar vibe to Guppy's in LA.


Oasis Tea Zone
519 6th Ave S (between King St & Jefferson St)
Seattle, WA 98104

oasis
Typical boba shop menu with snacks. Drinks MAY be customized which is a good thing haha.

oasis
Oasis didn't have honey milk green tea on their menu so I had to ask them to custom make it for me. It seems like they use condense milk for the milk part, which is okay, but not my first choice to be used for milk tea. Solid though. Love the honey, cause for some reason the honey flavor was stronger even though I asked for half the honey to make it not as sweet. Must be those crazy Washington bees.


To be honest, I did expect Seattle to have a Tea Station or something since it does have a pretty big Chinese population. Oasis wasn't bad and there were a few other tea spots that I didn't get to try but at least if I lived in Seattle I won't die from withdrawal of not having any milk tea hahah.

0 comments: