Thursday, August 12, 2010

Seattle: Piroshky Piroshky!

What is "piroshky?" It is essentially a stuffed pie filled with all sorts of fillings, from sweet to savory. It's similar to a calzone but the dough consistency is different, more like bread rather than pizza dough.

For the 3 times I've been to Pike Place Market, I've always seen a line form at Piroshky Piroshky. The first two times I/we didn't bother to wait in line cause there was so much to try still but on the last day of the trip, decided to grab a piroshky from this famous spot, just to see what all the hype is about, and holy crap no wonder this place got 4 1/2 stars on Yelp from 500+ reviews. It is daaamn legit.


Piroshky Piroshky
1908 Pike Place (between Stewart St & Western Ave)
Seattle, WA 98101

piroshky
Always a line.

piroshky
The full menu, with beef & cheese and salmon being the most popular.

piroshky
Stuffing the filling.

piroshky
Looks like she was making potato, cheese & onion piroshky

piroshky
Man prepping the dough. Zagat rated!

piroshky
It has a slight yellowish color... probably from the eggs and the butter.

piroshky
Finally got my piroshky!

piroshky
Opted for the beef & cheese, the most popular item. It is... ADDICTING. Seriously of the best things I've had. Ground beef with cheese melted throughout. It's salty but it's a good saltiness that just makes you want more and more. The dough itself is amazing too: soft, buttery, and salty.


After trying that, I really really wanted to go back in line for more but the line got even longer, and since we were on a time restraint... decided to let go and hope sometime in the future I get to have these babies again! Seriously makes me sad that I can't get those piroshky here in LA... there's so many others I wanted to try too!

That's the last of the food I got to check out in Seattle. I would put pictures of Pike Place Market up but since the group only used my camera for the majority and my good friend Mikol already blogged about it, just go check it out here :]

0 comments: