Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seattle: Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts

Hands down... my favorite donut shop. EVER.

I love donuts, whether it is from the 24hr donut shop on the way to work or the donuts from my local bakery. I even love the donuts from Ralphs. Donut and chocolate frosting are probably floating in my veins. And for me, Top Pot Donut trumps over all the donuts I've tried, whether it is the famous LA donuts form Randy's, the fried beignets from Italy, or the Asian-fied Duncan Donuts in Taiwan. Shoot, even a NFL player from Seattle Seahawks got arrested cause he broke into Top Pot in the middle of the night for some donuts haha. (Here's the link from ESPN: http://es.pn/dDAaf3)

By the way, I really should be 300lbs by now with the amount of donuts I eat. Let's hope it doesn't catch up to me :]


Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts
609 Summit Ave E
(between Mercer St & Roy St)
Seattle, WA 98102

top pot
The display case full of wonderful donuts, or doughnuts :]

top pot
Had to go for their classic, Chocolate Old Fashioned.

top pot
Also got a Chocolate Cake. Should've got a chocolate chocolate but I wasn't thinking straight with all the donuts staring right at me. I did get it the next time around though haha.

top pot
Chocolate cake - dense and flaky. Don't know how they did that but amazing. No skimping on the frosting either.

top pot
Chocolate old fashioned - seriously the best ever. Crispy outside, flaky soft inside. You can tell it's kneaded by hand cause you see the air pockets in the donuts. Another amazing thing is that when you eat donuts, many times the chocolate frosting will start melting in your hands, but at Top Pot, their frosting doesn't do that. It's a sign of high quality chocolate and that they actually put the time into making it.

top pot
Diana's Sugar Coated Ring - sweet, fried perfectly. Better than Krispy Kreme? Yes.

top pot
Connie's Boston Creme. Honestly I'm not a big fan of any filled donuts but it's surprisingly tasty! I could only take one bite though haha.

top pot
They fill it UP.

top pot
Mikol's Raspberry Old Fashioned. A little girly but it's really light and refreshing and delicious. You can even see the seeds from the raspberry.

top pot
Their logo on the coffee cup. I think it's cool how their logo doesn't have anything to do with donuts, just man holding an iron, "forging" donuts haha.


If you get a chance to go to Seattle, Top Pot is a must. Yes, two was a little too much since they are actually bigger than your average donuts but trust, the last bite is as good as the first. When I went again two weeks later after this trip for work, I woke up early one morning, walked 30 minutes in downtown, just so I can have another go at Top Pot haha. Makes me sad that there really isn't a true gourmet donut shop here in LA. We have enough cupcake shops already!

0 comments: