Friday, July 9, 2010

Seattle: Tilikum Place Cafe

After grabbing Top Pot for breakfast and walking 30 minutes to the Seattle Space Needle to check out the view from up top, we decided to grab brunch somewhere and randomly stumbled upon Tilikum Place Cafe, a neighborhood American restaurant & bar, which just might be my favorite restaurant this trip.


Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar St (at 4th Ave)
Seattle, WA 98121

tilikum place cafe
One block away from Space Needle.

tilikum place cafe
Brunch menu.

tilikum place cafe
Mikol's Roasted Golden Beet Soup with herbed goat cheese & hazelnut. I'm not a fan of beet but definitely surprised me. Sweet and creamy.

tilikum place cafe
Mikol's Roast Chicken "Salad" with potatoes, peppers, egg, and some sort of aioli. It's interesting and funny how they deconstructed each and every major ingredient of a salad! Definitely a playful way of presenting a "salad!"

tilikum place cafe
Connie's Pulled Pork Sandwich with grilled onions, peperoncini aioli, cilantro, apple-chartreuse chutney, and housemade potato chips. The pulled pork is so so succulent and the chutney combined grilled onions gave it a really nice sweet flavor to it.

tilikum place cafe
Lots of grilled onions & cilantro :]

tilikum place cafe
Diana's Egg Benedict with pancetta crisp, roasted red pepper with paprika hollandaise. She's a egg benedict freak and almost orders it every time it is on the menu. Diana gave it her stamp of approval!

tilikum place cafe
My Tilikum Fry Up. Egg, bacon, housemade sausage, beans with pulled pork, roasted tomato and cheddar toast completes the Fry Up. The pulled pork is the same from Connie's sandwich but they simmer it with the beans to give the beans extra dept and flavor. Orgasmic. The best savory breakfast plate I ever had.

tilikum place cafe
I liked their homemade sausage so much that I convinced Mikol to share an extra order with me hahah.

tilikum place cafe
Any place that makes their own ketchup shows me that they are willing to make the effort and give their customers something unique!


Tilikum Place Cafe is definitely on my list of restaurants that I must visit again for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. I want to live around this area just because of the quaint neighborhood-feel this place gives off.

0 comments: